job vacanciesWork With Us
West Oxford Community Primary is a diverse and welcoming school at the centre of an engaged local community.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from candidates from a range of backgrounds.
Situated in a riverside suburb of the historic city of Oxford, West Oxford Community Primary is a diverse and welcoming school at the centre of an engaged local community. Our 200+ children speak more than 23 languages, span the full range of abilities and enrich school life from a diversity of cultural backgrounds.
Our school has easy access to Oxford’s rich cultural and natural resources. Our children regularly visit the city’s world class university museums which lie within walking distance of the school. Our school is bounded by rivers and nature reserves creating plentiful opportunities for outdoor learning.
What Makes Us Special?
An ethos of responsibility permeates our school community. Our 2018 ‘Good’ Ofsted report noted the respectful behaviour of our students towards each other and our teachers. It also commented on how well parents and governors support both their children and the school. West Oxford Primary children are curious, open minded and enjoy coming to school.
We have a strong environmental focus, generating power from solar panels, encouraging walking or biking to school and cooking healthy meals from scratch in our school’s kitchens.
We have particular strengths in music and art with a focus on equity of opportunity. All children are given the chance to learn an instrument during their time at our school. Children regularly participate in community competitions like Young Art Oxford.
We are currently recruiting for a School Business Manager for a September 2020 start.
Salary: Green Book Grade 10
- 35 hours per week (8.30am-4pm)
- This is a permanent term time only position. In addition to the stated working hours there may be an occasional requirement to attend meetings and staff training.
- The School Business Manager is the school’s leading support staff professional and works as part of the Senior Team to assist the Head Teacher in his/her duty to ensure that the school meets its educational aims.
- The School Business Manager is responsible for providing professional leadership and management of school support staff in partnership with teaching staff, to enhance their effectiveness in order to achieve improved standards of learning and achievement in the school.
- The School Business Manager promotes the highest standards of business ethos within the administrative function of the school and strategically ensures the most effective use of resources in support of the school’s learning objectives.
- The School Business Manager is responsible for the Financial Resource Management/Administration Management/Management Information and ICT/Human Resource Management/Facility & Property Management/ Health & Safety Management of the School.
You should have a flexible approach to your work and enjoy working as part of a forward thinking, dynamic, friendly and supportive team, committed to providing a fully integrated service. The successful candidate will be committed to their own professional development and to the development of our children.
Applications should be completed and sent to email@example.com
Closing date for applications : 13th July 2020
Interviews will be held online on : 16th July 2020
KEEPING CHILDREN SAFE
West Oxford Community Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all children, and to preventing extremism. All staff and governors are expected to share this commitment.
All candidates are expected to undertake an enhanced DBS check. Additional reference, identity and qualification checks will be completed before a formal offer is made.