Employing the right staff is key to the success of our school. We understand that valuing and developing our staff is the best way to access their full potential. We in return seek staff who are committed, passionate about working with children and have a growth mindset. If this is you, please look out for vacancies which will be advertised on this page and on the Oxfordshire County Council Website (http://www3.hants.gov.uk/occs/education/educationjobshampshire/educationjobshome.htm).
Due to the number of applications we receive for some vacancies, if you do not hear from us within 1 week of the closing date, you have unfortunately not been successful at the shortlisting stage and will not be invited to interview.
West Oxford Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects our staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We follow our Safer Recruitment Policy for all vacancies within the school. This policy has been developed to embed safer recruitment practices and procedures throughout the school and to support the creation of a safer culture by reinforcing the safeguarding and well-being of children and young people in our care. This policy complies with guidance outlined in “Keeping Children Safe in Education”
All post holders in regulated activity are subject to appropriate vetting procedures and a satisfactory “Disclosure and Barring Service Enhanced check”. The possession of a criminal record will not necessarily prevent an applicant from obtaining this post, as all cases are judged individually according to the nature of the role and information provided. Oxfordshire County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults. We expect all employees, workers and volunteers to share this commitment. We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment.
All staff at West Oxford Primary School are expected to uphold and promote British Values.
As part of the application process, all candidates need access to the following, which can be found under policies on our website:-
- Safeguarding Policy
- Safer Recruitment Policy
- Whistleblowing Policy
- Code of Conduct
West Oxford C.P. School Teaching Assistant Vacancy
Required for October start
Salary: Green Book Grade 4
We currently have a vacancy for the following position;
- Teaching Assistant: 31.25 hours per week (8.30am-3.15pm)
- This is a temporary term time only position. In addition to the stated working hours, there may be an occasional requirement to attend staff training that is relevant to the job.
As a Teaching Assistant you will assist with the planning, preparation and development of work programmes and prepare resources to support a range of learning activities.
- Work with small groups or individual pupils to enable learning
- Organise and maintain the learning environment
- Take responsibility for aspects of class organisation, administration and display
- Monitor, evaluate and record pupil progress and report this as directed
- Provide support to the teacher by accompanying pupils on off-site activities
- Work as part of a team to ensure that the well-being, behaviour and personal development of pupils enhances their learning opportunities and life skills
- Contribute to the curriculum and classroom planning
- Provide lunchtime supervision
You should have a flexible approach to your work and enjoy working as part of a forward thinking, dynamic, friendly and supportive team, committed to providing a fully integrated service. The successful candidate will be committed to their own professional development and to the development of our children.
Please contact Kate Jackson, School Business Manager, for further details and an application form. email@example.com
Closing date for applications: 18 September 2020