job vacanciesWork With Us
West Oxford Community Primary is a diverse and welcoming school at the centre of an engaged local community.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from candidates from a range of backgrounds.
Situated in a riverside suburb of the historic city of Oxford, West Oxford Community Primary is a diverse and welcoming school at the centre of an engaged local community. Our 200+ children speak more than 23 languages, span the full range of abilities and enrich school life from a diversity of cultural backgrounds.
Our school has easy access to Oxford’s rich cultural and natural resources. Our children regularly visit the city’s world class university museums which lie within walking distance of the school. Our school is bounded by rivers and nature reserves creating plentiful opportunities for outdoor learning.
What Makes Us Special?
An ethos of responsibility permeates our school community. Our 2018 ‘Good’ Ofsted report noted the respectful behaviour of our students towards each other and our teachers. It also commented on how well parents and governors support both their children and the school. West Oxford Primary children are curious, open minded and enjoy coming to school.
We have a strong environmental focus, generating power from solar panels, encouraging walking or biking to school and cooking healthy meals from scratch in our school’s kitchens.
We have particular strengths in music and art with a focus on equity of opportunity. All children are given the chance to learn an instrument during their time at our school. Children regularly participate in community competitions like Young Art Oxford.
- We currently have a vacancy for a 1:1 TA for 5 mornings a week
- We also have a vacancy for a 1:1 TA working Monday and Friday only 6.5 hours each day. You will provide individual support to one child.
- These are temporary term time only positions. As the needs of our school change, and with mutual agreement, there may be an opportunity for these positions to become permanent. In addition to the stated working hours there be an occasional requirement to attend staff training that is relevant to the job.
As a Teaching Assistant you will assist with the planning, preparation and development of work programmes and prepare resources to support a range of learning activities.
- Work primarily with individual pupils to enable learning and on occasion with small groups of pupils
- Organise and maintain the learning environment
- Take responsibility for aspects of class organisation, administration and display
- Monitor, evaluate and record pupil progress and report this as directed
- Provide support to the teacher by accompanying pupils on off-site activities
- Work as part of a team to ensure that the well-being, behaviour and personal development of pupils enhances their learning opportunities and life skills
- Contribute to the curriculum and classroom planning
- Provide lunchtime supervision
You should have a flexible approach to your work and enjoy working as part of a forward thinking, dynamic, friendly and supportive team, committed to providing a fully integrated service. The successful candidate will be committed to their own professional development and to the development of our children.
School visits are welcomed. Applications should be completed and sent FAO Rebecca Wells, School Business Manager to the office email address below.
Please feel free to contact the school office via email on email@example.com or by phoning 01865 248862, if you would like to arrange a visit or require any further information.
Closing Date for applications: Friday 10th January 2020 at 12:00
Interview date TBC
KEEPING CHILDREN SAFE
West Oxford Community Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all children, and to preventing extremism. All staff and governors are expected to share this commitment.
All candidates are expected to undertake an enhanced DBS check. Additional reference, identity and qualification checks will be completed before a formal offer is made.