GovernorsWho We Are
The governing body is responsible for working strategically with the headteacher and staff to identify aspects of the school that need to be improved, approving plans to achieve this and ensuring pupil progress.
Governors meet at least four times a year at full governing body meetings.
Two sub-committees also meet at least three times a year:
- The Effectiveness, Standards and Welfare committee (ESW) monitors and guides issues related to curriculum, performance and behaviour.
- The Human and Physical Resources committee (HPR) monitors and guides staffing, finance and facilities.
who we are
Co-Chair of Governors
Co-Chair of Governors; Chair - Human & Physical Resources Committee
Chair - Effectiveness, Standards & Welfare Committee
Vice Chair - Human & Physical Resources Committee
In accordance with the Government’s requirement for all governing bodies, the 3 core strategic functions of the West Oxford Community Primary School Governing Body are:
- Setting the vision, ethos and strategic direction;
- Holding the headteacher to account for the educational performance of the school and its pupils and the performance management of staff; and
- Overseeing the financial performance of the school and making sure its money is well spent.
Louise Savell & Rebecca Huxley
Minutes Of Full Governing Body Meetings
Minutes of ESW Committee Meetings
Minutes of HPR Committee Meetings